Sunday, November 9, 2008

Back to La Paz

I love it here in La Paz, I think its the most beautiful city in Baja. The name means The Peace in english and its definitely for a reason. Its a small bay pĆ³inting towards the north and the sun floats over the top from right to left every day and gently lands somewhere behind the hills to the west. I could spend many days here relaxing and mixing it up with the locals.

I rode on highway 18 to get here, which goes up the pacific coast from Cabo and cuts back over to La Paz. The ride isnt far and went by fast. The frenchman told me about some large crazy hippie fest about 50 miles north on the beach called the Rainbow Gathering and I wanted camp there for a night because he made it sound so amazing. I rode north looking for it and took a sand road about 1.5 miles to the beach. It was quite a wild ride on the Ninja because its definitely not designed for anything other than pavement. The san got pretty deep when I got clost to the beach and I even got stuck once but I just got off my bike to lighten the load and with a little effort got it moving again. The hardest part was turning around if anything. I snapped some sweet photos of the sandy ninja and headed back. I came back to hotel Yeneka and found that if I kept going I would have ended up at the hippie fest but the sun was sinking so I just grabbed a room for the night. Im here now writing all of these updates to catch up which is nice. I went out to dinner with the owner of the hotel and Martine. Had some awesome marlin tacos for just a couple bucks which was a treat for sure.

Tomorrow Im going to go camp out at the rainbow thing and see if I can have some good times and meet some more cool people. I hope I find the french dude since hes been to a few of these things. Apparently they have them in a different place in the world every time and I just got lucky to find this one. They last for months and they just make lots of food, sing and dance, and all that other hippie stuff I would normally have no desire to do. Being on the road makes you a little more open minded I suppose.

Ill try and put up some photos so you arent stuck with my shitty writing along to entertain you.

Thats all for now, stay tuned!

'e man

1 comment:

Mica said...

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to catch up on your blogs. Sounds like an amazing, albeit challenging at times, trip. You have me craving mexican food. Be careful (always), and post photos soon. Oh, and watch out for those hippies, they're a wild bunch! Lol! ;)